The Lab Assistant program provides the opportunity for high school students to volunteer at EIS and get a behind the scenes look at our programs.
About the Program
Lab Assistants are high school student volunteers that assist EIS Instructors, serve as positive role models to students, improve their own STEM content knowledge, and earn volunteer hours. Lab Assistants may volunteer during EIS Saturday programs during the school year (Fall, Winter, or Spring) or during our camps.
Any high school students interested in volunteering as a Lab Assistant should submit an online application. More details can be seen as you scroll down. Applications are evaluated and selections are made prior to the start of every Session or Camp.
SUMMER CAMP 2022 LAB ASSISTANT
Become a Lab Assistant for Summer Camp! See the eligibility requirements below and the position description for more details.
- Must be a high school student entering 11th or 12th grade for the 2022-2023 school year. Students entering 10th grade for the 2022-2023 school year may be eligible only if they have previously participated in an EIS program. Senior class of 2022 students are eligible to be a Summer Camp Intern
- Interest and/or experience in working with children or youth
- Time commitment: Minimum of 2 weeks of Summer Camp, Monday through Friday from 8:30am-4:30pm (weeks do not have to be consecutive)
- Fluency in Spanish or other second language is a plus but not required
- Must provide proof of COVID-19 Vaccination
Sign up for our email newsletter for updates on when the application opens.